Translate

Sunday 30 November 2014

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

Don't you just adore this time of year when you can snuggle up on the sofa wearing your fluffy PJ's , drinking hot chocolate topped with a mountain of whipped cream a delicate sprinkle of marshmallows, actually more like a blizzard of marshmallows. Well along with these cosy nights in comes the hectic season of Christmas. I've got a head start on my present wrapping which I'd like to share with you. 
For the first present I used plain brown paper tied with string. To make the string look more rustic I split it into three pieces and plaited it, making sure it was long enough to wrap around the present three times. I found these great freshly dried decorations called 'Christmas in a Bottle.' When I was out shopping the other day. I stuck a leaf and a shrunken looking pumpkin thingy on the top along with a plain card gift tag. Voila!
The second present is for my brother Leo.  Needless to say it had to be kinda masculine. Again I started with the brown paper and trimmed with hessian. I then threaded a couple of dried apple slices onto the raffia and finished it with the brown card gift tag.  To make the gift tag a little more special I stuck a small button above a slightly larger button, drew on a tilted hat and a snowman magically appeard.
I hope this has given you a bit of inspiration for an alternative to all that glitter and sparkle. Happy Wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment